A high quality interior all purpose flooring for use in domestic and some commercial buildings, designed for both platform and fitted flooring construction methods. Available sizes 3600x900x22mm.
- Domestic & commercial flooring installations.
- General purpose building boards.
The manufacturer of this Floorboard operates a Chain of Custody Management system that meets the requirements of the AS 4707 Chain of Custody for Forest Based Products. This standard is part of the Australian Forestry Certification Scheme which is endorsed by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification in accordance with PEFC ST 2002:2013 Chain of Custody of Forest Based Products (as amended www.pefc.org).
- Meets all the requirements of the Australian standard AS/NZS 1860.1.
- Incorporate a high concentration wax-resin system, allowing for greater edge protection if sheets are cut. This obviates the need for edge wax sealant.
- It is tongue and grooved for easy installation and engineered to withstand the tough New Zealand elements while the house is constructed.
Although Floorboard is resistant to moisture, packs must be protected from the weather until the particleboard is installed. Packs should be stored off the ground with supports about 600mm apart. Packs need to be protected on the top and sides with waterproof material such as plastic sheeting. (The covering should allow for air circulation during the storage period).
Floorboard is a wood-based product and will react to changes in moisture and direct wetting by expanding or shrinking in the length and width and swelling or shrinking in the thickness. Under unduly wet conditions, the open groove will close significantly and will open when dry to perhaps a wider groove than the original cut-out. For optimum performance it is best to keep the Floorboard as dry as possible. Once it is laid Floorboard may be exposed to the weather for up to five months in compliance with the requirements of AS/NZS 1860.1 for particleboard flooring. If water ponding occurs then drain holes can be provided where needed by drilling holes of 3mm maximum in diameter with no less than 1m spacing between them.